By Sarah Jio
I had read one of Sarah Jio's novels before and picked this up randomly.
There are two stories in this novel. The current story centers around Addison, whose in-laws have bought a manor in England. While visiting, Addison, even with her own issues, becomes interested in the past residents of the house and starts investigating. In 1940, Flora Lewis comes to the manor as a nanny and flower thief. While there, she is supposed to discover the rare Middlebury Pink camellia which resides on the property and report back to her boss. Instead she discovers that something dark is happening at the manor. In the present, Addison begins to make the same discoveries.
I have to confess, I didn't really think the person who ended up being the bad guy would be. I thought he was in cahoots but not quite the whole story so that was nice. While I always like to act like queen of finding out the stories before the reveals, I do like to be surprised. Generally, it was an intriguing read and while I would have liked to seen more depth to some of the story, overall it held my interest and keep me reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment