Mr. and I are planning a trip to Italy.
We need three hotels.
Two are booked.
Hotel #3 is proving to be an issue due to the following:
1. We waited too long to book this trip and are limited in availability.
2. We put too much faith in tripadvisor reviews and it makes us not want to book anywhere.
3. We finally decided on our final hotel but alas you cannot book online.
4. We confirmed they had availability.
5. We had to fax them our credit card information.
6. While I am not opposed to sending local faxes from work, being my father’s daughter, I felt it was wrong to send an international fax from the office.
7. We went to FedEx last night and had the following conversation in our attempt to send an international fax:
Mr.: So we just dial the number here? (Points to e-mail print-out from hotel)
Me: Well, when I call London, I have to dial 901144…. So maybe we have to do that?
Mr.: Hmmm… (Searches for info about how to send international faxes around the fax machine. No dice.)
Me: You would think they would have information on this. Go ask someone.
Mr.: OK
Walks up to counter
Mr.: Can you tell me how to fax internationally? Do I just dial 1 first?
Helper 1: Yeah that’s right.
Helper 2 from across the room: No, you have to do 011 first.
Walks back over
Me: So I guess we’ll have to do 011?
Mr.: I guess.
Me: What about this 0 in parentheses in the number? Do we put that? I can’t remember how I do this for work when calling London. Is it 011440207 or 01144207? Hmmm… One of them usually results in a failed call.
Mr.: I don’t know.
Some mulling…
Me: Let’s put it.
Mr.: OK
Sent fax…
Got a transmission report that it was OK.
Returned home to e-mail hotel to expect the fax.
Have yet to receive confirmation that they received it……
Hoping it got sent to the right place…
And just to note, the FedEx international fax costs $5.99 for the first page, $3.99 each additional. This is questionable at best.
No comments:
Post a Comment