June 20, 2010
Watermelon+Basil+Feta=Yuck
In the past few days, I have read two magazines containing recipes for salads made up of watermelon, basil, feta, and olive oil. Four of my favorite foods. With all this hype and my suspicion this could be a new culinary delight, I decided to give it a go. The result? I was not impressed. I thought the basil and watermelon combo bordered on nauseating and the feta and olive oil were unnoticeable. What a disappointment. I had such high hopes for this flavor combo. Even after a hamburger and pineapple, the taste still lingered so I had to go to DQ and wash it down with an ice cream cone. That finally did it. On the other side of the coin, Mr. switched out the feta for salt because feta is one of his least favorite foods. He actually liked it and thought the basil and watermelon were good together. Either way, I think this salad made its one and only appearance at our dinner table.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thought of you guys this weekend when feta+watermelon+basil salad was served on the Fourth. My mom eats watermelon with salt so Mr. might be on to something
Post a Comment