By Kate Jacobs
Oh Chick Lit! How I have missed you!
After reading a lot of “smart” books lately, coming back to chick lit was heavenly. I have enough things to think about that at the end of the day, I just want something light-hearted and easy to read. The Friday Night Knitting Club was a step above regular chick lit in that it was more thoughtful and more novel-like. The story revolves around a group of women who come together every Friday at the store Walker and Daughter to share their life experiences and to knit. I like stories like this (similar to The Jane Austen Book Club and The Christmas Cookie Club) which take a bunch of separate lives and intertwine them for a bunch of different stories within one central story line. There are two other books in this series (yes! I also love series!) and I am looking forward to reading those to see where everyone ends up.
No comments:
Post a Comment