By Macy Beckett
Book challenge book: Romance Novel
I love a good romance novel so I enjoyed this part of the challenge.
June Augustine left her hometown of Sultry Springs behind nine years ago but now, due to a bogus legal debacle, she is forced to return and do a month of community service. Of course, she has more than one run-in with her past love Luke Gallagher. Desire is in the air and passions heat up making Sultry Springs look not so bad after all.
Now, like most romance novels, this one required some suspension of belief. Some of the scenes I had to run by Mr. for their feasibility and he claimed that the author must never have met a man. The flashback love scene between June and Luke took place in pond and I just kept thinking "ew" "gross" "dirty" (actually dirty not naughty, I am not a nature girl). I side-eyed the need for the bee AND snake scenes (actually bees and snakes not metaphorical) because it seemed a bit much and was annoyed at June and Luke because I was like "you are in a romance novel, just get together and stop messing around!" This last thought means there was good tension which is key to a romance novel.
All in all though, I liked this book a lot better than I was anticipating because the story was engaging and who doesn't like a spicy romance. I am looking forward to the next book in this series.
No comments:
Post a Comment