For years I have cut up watermelon and put it in a storage container only to have all of the bottom pieces get icky from sitting in the juice for a couple of days. Last year, I got fed up and searched and searched for a container that would have some kind of strainer in it so that the fruit would sit on the strainer and the juice would drain out. I came up empty. I did however mention this to one of my friends as well as showed her a sketch of what I was looking for. When she went to register for her wedding, she happened upon Rubbermaid Produce Savers and informed me that such a product did exist. Imagine my joy! After receiving these for Christmas (yes, that was quite an exciting list I had), I finally tested them out this week because watermelon is coming back in style with the summer coming soon. They are fab! They do exactly what I need! The watermelon stayed good longer and no icky juice parts! Here is a picture for your viewing pleasure:
I also imagine these will be good for various dressing salads and other types of fruit. I am so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment