By Judy Blume
Back in day, like when I was 10, I read some Judy Blume but I always get her and Beverly Cleary confused so I can't be certain. I think I was more of a BC fan because I loved the Ramona books but I for sure read Are You There God? It's Me Margaret. Anyways, outside of Forever which I read maybe 10 years ago, I haven't touched a JB book since, until now.
Summer Sisters explores the friendship between Vix and Caitlin who spend their summers every year at Caitlin's father's house on Martha's Vineyard. Vix is quiet while Caitlin is all flash. Over the years, the two girls experience the ups and downs of love and friendship. The story is told mainly from Vix's perspective so you see more of her reasoning for what is happening and not the whole story making the end a bit interesting when you finally learn what Caitlin is all about.
I am not sure what I was expecting going into this book but I found it a bit smutty (oh my Catholic upbringing). I am not sure why I was surprised considering I did read Forever but eh, I was. Either way, we are all grown ups, and this would be a good beach read so I recommend. I am thinking of picking up one of Judy Blume's other books written for adults like Wifey but we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment