I will be getting up early (must to Mr.'s dismay) to watch said event. Fortunately, we are both off of work tomorrow so he can't use the "I have to get up early for work" excuse to try and dissuade me.
I give Kate credit and I hope someone gives her something to help her sleep tonight. I had a wedding with 88 people attending (including me and Mr.) and I got an hour of sleep the night before. I could not imagine have billions of people watching me.
The other big news story is what will Kate wear?
Let me start by saying I do not like Princess Diana's dress and don't see why there is all the hype. It was way too poofy and that material? Bad choice! It is so wrinkly. She was enveloped by that dress. Way too much going on.
Grace Kelly, however, got it right.
My hope is that Kate will wear an a-line dress. I hope not too poofy. Princess dresses can rarely be pulled off by those over 24. And while I realize this is really a royal wedding, I can't get behind a grown woman in a giant poofy dress. She will be covered up for sure with sleeves of some sort for the ceremony. I would like to see a v-neck. Maybe some gloves if the sleeves are short. No blusher. A single tier cathedral length veil. I'd love to see some fab designer shoes (that is for you Mr. who said to me earlier today with a sarcastic tone while watching the Today Show, "And now what shoes will Kate wear?"). I'd like to see an ivory dress, not bright white. I also can't get into tiaras but since I realize this is a royal wedding, I will say I would like to see her in a tiara that is simple. I also hope she wears her hair up. I know she wears her hair down almost always but, frankly, in most weddings I have attended where the bride wore her hair down, it almost always looks nappy and straggly by the end. It's a long day. An up-do will hold out. I do also realize that she probably has hair dressers who could brush her hair for her if she wears it down. But, I still hope for up. I think it would also be fab if she does a whole outfit change for the big party late night at Buckingham Palace. Maybe there she can put her hair down then? I would also like to see some great earrings.
Oh and three cheers for omitting "obey"!
No comments:
Post a Comment