May 25, 2011

Read This!: Weep No More, My Lady

By Mary Higgins Clark

I read this on the plane back from Hawaii while Mr. was sitting next to me hating his life as he entered phase 1 of our food poisoning. I was fortunate enough to not get sick until we landed. Mr. was very fortunate in this as well.

I have never read a MHC book before so this was new territory for me.

The gist of the story is that a famous actress falls off a balcony to her death. Was it an accident, suicide or murder?

Mary Higgins Clark is no Agatha Christie in terms of surprise endings at least in this book. I also thought it was worthy of note that while I was reading I thought the book had to be written in the 80s based on the clothes and attitudes of the characters as well as the descriptions of some of the things . It was.

This was a good plane read because it was easy to read and didn’t require a ton of thought. I’d read another Mary Higgins Clark book based off of this but to be honest, I expected more of a wow-factor.

No comments: