May 31, 2011

Rooftop Garden Experiment

Mr. and I don't have any semblance of a yard but we do have a rooftop deck that gets a ton of sunshine. So while I have planted flowers out there in the past, I decided to take it up a notch this year and plant some edibles.

As of right now, I have three tomato plants, a banana pepper, some basil, and oregano.

Mr. is wary about this attracting local wildlife onto our roof. I am slightly concerned as well but if I see a raccoon out there making spaghetti sauce or something, I will get rid of the plants in question and move on. I am not that vested in this.

I am lazy about watering plants (usually hoping for rain or my next door neighbor to do it which she nicely did today when I went to check on them) and don’t expect much out of this (especially since I have only today learned how big a tomato plant can get) but maybe these plants will surprise me and we will be eating home grown treats in about 90 days....

No comments: