September 18, 2011

Garden Update

My tomatoes have been thriving.  The ones I put the Tums in especially are looking good.  I am not sure if it was the Tums or the type of tomato.  The heirloom tomatoes are the only ones that are not producing tons of fruit.  I am hoping we get some more off of these plants before the cold sets in.  Here is a look-see from a couple of weeks ago:




Calcium fortified tomatoes:




In a related note, my banana peppers are flourishing again and my plant is covered in flowers so maybe we will get some more out of it before the end of the season.  The basil we had growing, I cut down because it was turning brown but the oregano still looks lively.  I want to get around to drying some of them but I feel like I never have the time.

No comments: