The Hunger Games was my first book to read on the
Kindle. If you’ll recall, I was
adamantly against the Kindle due to its destruction of the book stores. But, feeling like a hypocrite, I did give in
and read something on it. Here is my
take:
Pros
1. No one on the train can see what you are reading
so you can read something you might be embarrassed about with no one the wiser.
2. The Hunger Games was free in the Kindle library
using Prime. I like free and I like not
leaving my house. So this was an easy choice to download.
3. You can select a book and it is instantaneously
available for you to read.
4. The books are taking up space in my house.
5. It is small and easy to carry around.
6. A tree gave me a high-five.
Cons
1. You can’t flip around like you can with regular
books when you need to go back and aren’t sure where exactly the part you need
is. You can search and what not but it’s
not the same.
2. I am apple’d which means I am used to touch
screens. Mr.’s Kindle does not have a
touch screen leading to marital discord when Mr. yelled at me and said it’s not
a touch screen when I was poking at it and exclaiming how it didn’t work.
3. It displays by percent and not page number. The Hunger Games did let you see the page
numbers if you selected a certain button but it is not displayed all the
time. This makes it hard when you
accidentally change pages and don’t know where you are. It takes a while to find it.
4. It is hard to figure out how long books are
because not every book displays a page number.
Like the second book I read on the Kindle.
5. When I went to the library this week, the books
gave me the stink-eye.
6. I wish you could illuminate it. I realize real books don’t come with back
lighting but if I am going to use an electric device, I want some illumination
so that I can read without extra light on.
7. I look like part of the in crowd. Which sadly, I am not.
No comments:
Post a Comment