October 18, 2012

Read This!: On the Street Where You Live

By Mary Higgins Clark

Book fair #2!
When I had originally scoped this at the book fair, I picked it up, put it down, picked it up, put it down, and finally decided that for 20 cents, I might as well buy it.

This is my first foray into Mary Higgins Clark.  (NOTE: I noticed there was another MHC sitting in my house after typing this and publishing it so this is actually not my first foray.  Oops.)


Emily Graham has just purchased her “ancestral” home in Spring Lake.  Unfortunately for her, the day she moves in two skeletons are discovered in her yard: one newer and one over 100 years old.  Turns out Spring Lake has a killer on the loose who is replicating a killing spree that took place in the same town 100 years prior.   Emily is on the case trying to figure out who he is, before his takes his next victim.
I was surprised at how much I got into this story and had a hard time putting it down.  I tried not to read ahead which means I read without stopping until finished. 

There are two mysterious persons to be revealed here: one is a stalker and one is a killer.  I have to say, pat on my back, I picked out the stalked from the beginning.  The killer however eluded me so way to go Mary Higgins Clark.  Of course, when he did actually reveal himself, I did kind of side-eye the whole situation particularly his attire and overall get-up. 

I am looking forward to my next MHC.  I am thinking of picking up one of her Christmas mysteries closer to the holiday season because nothing says Merry Christmas like a murder mystery.

No comments: