By Gillian Flynn
You all know how I liked Gone Girl…. Mr. had bought this book for me for Christmas because I had already bought Gone Girl during the big Amazon sale and he knew I wanted to read it.
Camille Preaker is a reporter for a second-rate newspaper in Chicago when she is assigned a story covering the murder of two girls in Wind Gap, MO, her hometown. On returning to Wind Gap, Camille stays with her mother, her step-father, and 13 year-old half-sister. Throughout Camille’s coverage of the story, more and more sinister and dark details about her family, her past, and Wind Gap are revealed as she uncovers just what happened to the murdered girls.
When we went to see Gillian Flynn, she talked about this book a bit and how she kept thinking she had to write darker and darker. I knew going in that the mother was a piece of a work and the main character was a cutter but that was pretty much it. (Nice, light reading, right?) It was definitely disturbing and I kept thinking what’s wrong with these people? With a mother like that, it is no wonder Camille had some issues.
Gone Girl was more polished for sure but this was still a suspenseful, good read. I was on to some of the reveals not too far in but I have to say, in the end, I was a bit surprised how everything ended up.
No comments:
Post a Comment