We have a wireless doorbell. For the past year and a half it has been sporadically not working. After months of changing the batteries and trying to use MacGyver like techniques to get it to work, we finally gave up and bought a new one the Saturday before Easter. Happily, I installed the new doorbell that day, testing it out numerous times, listening to the different rings, making sure it worked….
Easter Sunday, the door bell rings. We do not answer it.
We never answer our door unless we know people are coming over. We have never gotten a drop-in visitor and the only people who stop by are kids hocking wares in attempts to fund raise (I feel for them the most as I am a product of Catholic school education where things like that are the norm but still I don’t want them bothering me), religious types trying to convert us, and politicos looking for signatures. I have often joked about hanging a “No Soliciting” sign on our front door.
Back to my story, so we ignore the door bell. Not long afterwards, it rings again. I said to Mr. “Who are these people? It’s Easter Sunday. Seriously!” He agreed. I mean come on, have some decency, it’s a holiday. So we ignore the second ring. The third time it rings, Mr. goes to check who is there and sees our neighbor opening their door, letting in their Easter guests.
Um yeah. So our next door neighbors have a wireless doorbell as well. They have the same buzzer as us. Their buzzer sets off our doorbell. Good times. We have no idea if ours sets off theirs as well. That day I spent testing the buzzer 20 times… yeah… We have learned from this that our neighbors are a lot more popular than we are.
1 comment:
LOL that's hysterical! Good times :) That's impressive that you installed it yourself though.
Post a Comment