March 9, 2011

Here and There

-Lent starts today. We are giving up mid-week desserts (my decision, Mr. just nodded when I told him). I considered giving up one of my daily teas but tea equals nectar of the gods for me and caffeine keeps me going so alas that is not going to happen. I also considered going to pilates more than once a week but I hate working out in all its forms so I don't think I would have the discipline. It takes a lot for me to go once a week now.

-Also regarding Lent, I just read in an article that the US group of bishops or some such say that fasting (which Catholics are supposed to be doing today) is one big meal the whole day or two small meals that won't equal one meal each. When did this happen? 17 years of Catholic school if you count college told me it was no eating between meals aka no snacking. Hmmm....

-One more Lenten note, with our giving up non-weekend desserts for Lent, that means no buying from the cupcake man who comes weekly to my work for the next six weeks. His profits will be going way down.


-I paid our cell phone bill yesterday. I used one minute of service last month.


-Paczkis do not last until the second day. Definitely taking note of this.


-One of my co-workers gave me 5 big cookies this week for helping her out on a project. Party all the time! Mr. and I highly enjoyed them and it counterbalanced me having to log in and do work on Sunday, which I did with some complaint. Ha!

-Part of the reason I am posting this is because the picture of the paczkis when I log into our blog has been turning my stomach since yesterday due to a massive nausea inducing headache (thanks big rain storm) that is slow to move on out. Blech to the sight of food and I don't want to cringe every time I view this page.

No comments: