By Mary Stewart
Yes, I know… another book review… I had a backlog because I was putting them off and since I made a commitment to you, my viewing public, to report on all the books I read, I have to do these.
This is my last one for the week. Ha!
The Ivy Tree is a story of greed and deceit. Mary Grey, fresh from Canada, is spotted by one Connor Winslow, the great nephew of a local English landowner. Because of their close physical resemblance, Connor thinks that Mary is his cousin Annabel (the landowner’s granddaughter) who disappeared eight years before. Soon, Connor and his half-sister manipulate Mary into pretending that she is this long lost cousin so that she can hand over to them any money or property that the close to death grandfather leaves his granddaughter in his will. There is more than meets the eye as expected and soon things become precarious for those who rebel against what Connor wants.
I have to say this book managed to surprise me with some of its twists (which is a good thing). I had actually thought it was a haunted house book when I started reading it. It was not. I honestly don’t have too much to say about it besides the fact I thought it was interesting but not the best book I ever read. The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment