I am a huge fan of the NBC show Who Do You Think You Are? I have always been interested in the idea of tracing family history and genealogy and had spent some time in high school going through census records, talking to my grandparents and what not. I eventually gave up because it was a long and arduous task and, frankly, I have a limited attention span.
My interest has been rekindled in part by this fab show and in part because, while Mr. seems to see no value in family trees outside of seeing how long everyone lived and how many Bridgets and Patricks are in his line, he has a long and interesting family tree already mapped out thanks to his grandma and aunt. I am jealous of his tree and want a similar one. The most I can go back is my great-grandparents and even that is debatable. But, today, they have this fabulous thing called the internet which I am hoping will allow me to do some genealogy searching from the comfort of my desk at work (hee) and my house.
What do I know so far?
All of my grandparents were born in America. My great-grandparents I know at least some were born in Europe. I have a lot of their names and have been picking my aunt's brains.
So I don’t have a ton to go on, but let’s see where the census records and other documents found online take me.
And I am off!
No comments:
Post a Comment