November 25, 2011

Outdoorsy Chic

This month in InStyle, there was a section on how to wear the new "Outdoorsy Chic" trend.  

Usually I skip over these sections if it's a trend I don't ever see myself wearing (pulling off).  I am not outdoorsy and have no desire to look outdoorsy.  But, this time I read it.

In the you don't have to spend a fortune snapshot, this was tip #1:

"Go to the source: L.L. Bean, Lands' End, and Pendleton.  Search online for Baja surfer hoodies or a Hudson's Bay blanket to wear as a poncho."

Hold on.  Did they just tell me to wear a blanket?  Outside of my house?  As an article of clothing.

I reread and then googled "Hudson's Bay blanket" to be positive I understood what exactly this was.

Yes, I got it right the first time.  

A blanket as clothing.

Side-eye to you InStyle.

No comments: