November 2, 2011

Read This!: Shades of Earl Grey

By Laura Childs


Back in June, I read another one of Laura Childs’ books from this Tea Shop Mystery series. It was OK but if you’ll recall I thought the book was kind of momish, it annoyed me that I couldn’t figure out how old the main character was, and I figured out the mystery pretty early on.

This was a repeat experience.

With the added addition that I was annoyed that every time Haley, the chef at the tea shop, made something there was a description about how perfect and utterly divine it was. We get it. She is a good cook. Do we need to go into detail about it every time she is featured cooking something?

Moving on to the plot…

Theodosia Browning and her crew are on the case trying to figure out who is stealing some of Charleston’s most treasured possessions starting with an heirloom wedding ring said to have been owned by Marie Antoinette.

Even though I think these books are predictable and make me roll my eyes at points, I still like them. Perhaps it is because I wish I owned a tea shop in Charleston’s historic district? Maybe someday….

No comments: