I LOVE LOVE LOVE Italian wedding soup and on my to-do list for a while was to find a recipe for it. Then, Food Network Magazine had this one in their January/ February issue so Mr. and I gave it a go on Sunday.
Mr. did our weekly grocery shopping at Whole Foods so for the chicken broth, he picked up WF’s 365 brand.
I do not like this chicken broth. When we had campylobacter, we bought 365 brand (All chicken broths are the same, right? Wrong.). I was grossed out.
I figured with all of the other things in this soup, maybe the taste will be disguised. I was semi-right. It wasn’t gag-worthy but I would seriously like to try this recipe with Swanson’s.
We did not use low-sodium or low-fat broth, just regular.
We followed the recipe very closely only making the following changes:
- I put in twice as much as orzo as the recipe called for. I don’t recommend doing this. It didn’t seem like a lot at the time but that pasta took over my pot. Big time. I like a noodly pasta but this was a bit much. I ended up adding more broth and water to the soup so that it was actually soup.
- We only used 5 oz, not 8 oz of spinach. That is because Mr. bought one bag of it and that was how much was in it. This was a fine amount for the two of us.
- I put 1 TBSP not 1TSP of Worcestershire sauce into the meat balls. Oops. I didn’t notice anything strange. They still were good to me.
The verdict: It was decent but I want to try it with different chicken broth. I think the flavor would be more appealing.
No comments:
Post a Comment