February 21, 2012

Paczkis!

Last year, Mr. and I made our own paczkis. This year, on a trip to our favorite bakery, I noticed a sign proclaiming Paczki Day (aka Mardi Gras). Of course the wheels started turning and I told Mr. we should buy some instead of making them. Not one to refuse a treat, Mr. agreed. So last week, I put in my order, and Saturday we picked them up. We got:

1 Chocolate Icing
1 Lemon
1 Apple Cinnamon
1 Custard with Caramel Icing
2 Custard with Powdered Sugar
2 Custard with Chocolate Icing

That breaks down to four each. (If you know my hatred of fruit filled desserts, you can guess which were definitely Mr.'s choices.)

I am not sure why we felt the need for four each but alas the call of the treat siren is sometimes too strong.

Either way, we have been indulging big time in these over the past few days. You can't see the scale in the picture but these are about as big as my head. I had the shakes after eating one.

Heading into Lent, this was the last hurrah for the hardcore treat wagon until Easter so at least we went out with a bang.

No comments: