September 27, 2012

Read This!: Catching Fire

By Suzanne Collins

As you know, I read The Hunger Games a few months ago and really enjoyed it so after cranking out some challenge books, I had Mr. download me Catching Fire from the Kindle library.
SPOILERS TO THE HUNGER GAMES IN REVIEW

Katniss and Peeta are back in District 12 trying to get their lives back after surviving the Hunger Games.  Unfortunately for Katniss, the Capitol isn’t exactly happy with her move over the berries.  Rebellion is happening in other districts and Katniss will pay the price.  This year is the Quarter Quell which means there will be a twist to the Hunger Games, a twist that does not bode well for Miss Everdeen.

Generally, Catching Fire kept me drawn in same as The Hunger Games.  I read it on the Kindle so when I am dying to know things, I can’t really just flip to the end like in a real book, so I have to keep going.  I thought overall The Hunger Games was more quality reading.  Katniss did briefly get on my nerves in the second half of this book.

So, at the end of Catching Fire, there is a major cliff hanger.  I immediately tried to download Mockingjay from Amazon because I wanted to know what happened.  However, you can only borrow one book a month.  DAMN YOU AMAZON!!!!!!  So I have to wait.  I did download the sample for Mockingjay which contained the first two chapters so that was a nice bone they threw me.

No comments: