By Suzanne Collins
I finally got to the final Hunger Games book.
Spoilers ahead if you haven't read the first two....
Book 3 in the series picks up after the destruction of district 12 and the end of the Quarter Quell. Katniss, Gale, and some others from 12 made it to the previously thought destroyed district 13. The Capitol is after Katniss and the leaders of the revolution want her to be its symbol. But after two Hunger Games and the destruction of her district, Katniss isn't so sure...
This didn't disappoint as the finale of the HG. While the other two hinted about the love triangle, this one spent more time getting into it with a conclusive ending.
Overall, there was less action and more rumination by Katniss. We can really see how these Games affected her both mentally and physically which is why I was surprised by her vote at the end of the book (if you read it, you'll know what I mean). I know why she voted as she did but still.
I also thought it was ironic that they were fighting to be free of the Capitol but yet district 13 had its own restrictiveness. So really no matter what side wins, are they ever truly free?
No comments:
Post a Comment