And unrelated to the 4th....
This year, I decided that instead of containers for gardening, I was going to go all out and buy a raised bed so I picked up this VegTrug. Now, I measured out the smaller and larger one and I didn't think the big one would be quite so big so I got it but alas... I already received it, had them send a replacement part, and put the thing together when I reazlied how large it was so it is staying. Mr. had a conniption fit that it will crash through our roof due to weight. To assuage his fears, I put in less soil than it called for.
Anyways, so in the VegTrug we are trying a few new things and having some old favorites.
Currently growing:
1 Cherry Tomato
1 Regular Tomato
1 Cucumber (we had two but one didn't make it)
1 Chive
1 Basil
1 Argula
1 Broccolli (replaced the dead cucumber)
1 Zucchini
1 Pepper
1 Banana Pepper
1 Watermelon
I don't have much hope for this stuff based on our previous track record but we'll see. I put some extra fertilizer in there and then realized I was using Miracle Gro soil as it was so we expect if anything does make it, it will be enormous.
In addition, we have two blueberry brushes growing (in different containers). Last year's grape didn't make it because I moved it indoors when it got cold and all these gnats hatched and flew around my house. And, I threw it out. I don't expect fruit this summer but they have made it to now so that is a plus.
Also, as a PS. I decided to order another ottoman this year since we just had the one. I did not read the measurements and when it arrived we were slightly taken aback. Yep, it's the yeti to left. A bit bigger than our old one. Mr. was side-eyeing me big time when it arrived.

No comments:
Post a Comment