Book challenge: Book based on a movie
This was the only example of this category that I could think of so I went with it.
Ada McGrath, a mute pianist, and her daughter Flora arrive in New Zealand to be with Ada's arranged- marriage husband. When they land, Ada's beloved piano is left on the beach. After hearing her play, a neighbor, George Baines, buys the piano and Ada is told she must teach him to play. George doesn't have any interest in learning to play the piano but does have interest in being a bit more than a friend to Ada...
I haven't see this movie, The Piano, in years but I thought this was a good depiction of the film as a novel. In fact, I like that I got more back story about Ada's history, her muteness, who Flora's father was. The story is generally a dark romance and a bit earthy but I give it some points for its originality.
I haven't see this movie, The Piano, in years but I thought this was a good depiction of the film as a novel. In fact, I like that I got more back story about Ada's history, her muteness, who Flora's father was. The story is generally a dark romance and a bit earthy but I give it some points for its originality.
No comments:
Post a Comment