By David Sedaris
I picked this out of the library with the thought it would be my challenge for non-fiction but I decided to read a biography for that, so this turned out to be just for fun.
When You Are Engulfed in Flames is a set of essays that cover everything from to fashion faux pas to views on Americans in Paris to Sedaris' experience quitting smoking.
I read Me Talk Pretty One Day many years ago and liked it so I am not sure why it has taken me so long to pick up another one of his books. This one had edgier language and stories than MTPOD but the humor was definitely there and I found myself laughing out loud at some points and reading other things out loud to Mr. My only complaint is that I thought the last essay ran a little long.
No comments:
Post a Comment