September 18, 2010

Pumpkin Bread Season

I hate fall. I do. I hate the end of the summer and the dismal thought that it won't be warm again for many, many, many months. Every year I get the fall blues and dread Labor Day with a passion. In order to negate my feelings, I concentrate on the idea of warm sweaters and cool mornings, sleeping with blankets, and no more air conditioning. And, most importantly, fall foods, my favorite being pumpkin bread.


I found this recipe a few years ago and with my addition of doubling the spices, it is a major success which everyone always loves or they at least tell me they do. Labor Day weekend, with its 60 degree temperatures and the crisp cool air, put me in a fall mind-set so I pulled out a can of pumpkin that I had from last year (I stocked up during the pumpkin shortage last fall hee hee hee) and set to work. Here is the result:


No comments: