My sister and Gator came to visit a few weeks ago. At which time, Speechie and I decided to hit up the shops for one of our favorite past times: shopping. Banana Republic was having a 40% off sale items until 1PM sale. We arrived there about 12:45. Gator was screaming her head off but me, being the fantastic aunt that I am, ditched my sister as her 3 month old baby screamed in the middle of BR to hit the sale racks. Yes, I put a sale over my niece but, eh, that was a good sale. I did not realize at the time that as long as you are in the store before 1, they will still give you the discount if you check out after 1. I will keep this fact for the next time.
At said sale, I picked up a pair of white shorts for $14.99. This is quite a steal.
Unfortunately, when I got them home, they looked like this:
Ick. They were see-through and those awful pockets? To top it off, you could see the laundry instructions through the pants. Do you see them? Gag.
So I thought I would just return them. But them I got to thinking, I could work some of my magic on these. To return them would cost me 6 dollars to park so in reality, I would only be up $9. I decided to give it a go and count my $9 loss if this was a disaster.
First, I cut out the laundry tag.
Then, I sewed all of the pockets shut and cut out the material making up the pocket part.
I did this on the front and back pockets.
The end result:
I realize these could use a press but yeah!!!! Much improved!!!! And only 15 minutes of work.
You will have to trust me on the back pockets looking a lot better. I would rather not post close ups of my rear on the internet.
Here is a close-up of the front part:
One of my general wardrobe tricks is to keep the pockets sewn on the hips. This prevents "screaming pockets" and keeps the line smoother and your hips looking better.




No comments:
Post a Comment