August 30, 2012

Read This!: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)

By Mindy Kaling

Book challenge: Spouse's Choice

Mindy Kaling (aka Kelly from The Office) wrote this memoir of sorts about her childhood and rise to famous writerdom.   As you can probably gather, it is a humorous glimpse into Mindy's mind and her past.

Mr. told me to read this for spouse's choice because he wasn't sure it was worth his while so he wanted me to test drive.  I thought parts of this book were hilarious and daily embarrassed Mr. with my laughing on the train where (heaven forbid) other people could see me.

I managed to peak Mr.'s interest with some of the side-note chapters like "My 11 favorite comedy moments in TV/ film".  I read them to Mr. and this resulted in an entire Friday evening (we are wild) of Mr. searching for humorous videos he could show me.  This also led me to decide that we really need an iPad because I am way too lazy for an evening of every 5 minutes "Come over here and look at this!".  Our lists are still being worked on but topping them are Paste Pants from Friends and the Patrick Swayze and Chris Farley dancer audition from SNL.

I did think some of the humor struck me because I am a lady but I give it thumbs up and recommend across the board!

No comments: