November 26, 2013

Read This!: A Summer Affair

By Elin Hilderbrand

I took a break from my Christmas reading for this, a book fair book.

Claire Danner Crispin agrees to co-chair the Nantucket Children’s Summer Gala.  A mammoth task in itself, she also agrees to have her old boyfriend, a famous rock star, perform at the event and as a glass-blower, to create a “museum-quality” piece for the auction.  In addition to all this, she has four young children, a husband who is not really “there” for her, personality conflicts with other people on the Gala committee, a fight with her best friend, and an affair with the executive director of the charity.  Yikes!

This book was definitely beach read material.  It did drag in spots.  In others though, the tension was high and it was stressing me out so I kept reading on and may have read ahead a bit.  I don't really have much to say about this novel except to mention that Claire's lover was not described in a way that I found remotely attractive so I wasn’t impressed. 

No comments: