Book fair book! After
my recent darker reads, I decided to change my tune and read this Debbie
Macomber. She is not dark. At all.
Summer on Blossom Street is part of a series. I have never read any of the other books.
Lydia Goetz runs a knitting shop on Blossom Street where she
is teaching a class called Knit to Quit.
Phoebe Rylander is trying to quit her philandering fiancé. Bryan Hutchinson needs to de-stress his
life. Alix Turner wants to quit smoking
so she can have a baby. Adding to this, Lydia’s
friend Anne Marie Roche and her adopted daughter have a new “friend” while Lydia
is trying to cope with her 12 year old foster daughter.
I enjoyed this read.
Even though I love these books with these happy streets that have all
these small little shops someone wonderful owns, where do these places
exist? Can someone please tell me so I
can go open a bakery there? Or maybe a
tea shop? Anyways, I liked the Phoebe
and Bryan storyline the best. Lydia’s
was fine but she was annoying me with her “I don’t understand why Casey won’t
act like she loves me”. Um really? You can’t figure it out. Side eye saloon.
Summer on Blossom Street did the trick of bringing me out of the
dark read stretch into the more light-hearted one that I am currently in with this and then some holiday reads.
No comments:
Post a Comment