By Patricia McLinn
Challenge: Trilogy
Three years before the story takes place, Kendra Jenner finds herself in the middle on a hurricane on the island of Santa Estella. Out of nowhere, a man, who she takes for a native of the island, appears on the scene and saves her. During the hurricane, romance ensues.... Present day, Kendra is the mother of two year old Matthew (yep do the math) whose father she has been unable to trace and has not heard from since the hurricane. Suddenly, guess who shows up on her doorstep? Tension arrives on the scene as Kendra tries to figure out how much she wants Matthew's father in not only his life, but her own... Did I mention this was a romance novel?
I didn't love this book. I didn't not recommend it because it wasn't horrid, it just was annoying to me. First off, the Susland curse thing was so unnecessary and didn't really flow with the story. Secondly, to like a romance novel, I think you have to think of the man as an attractive character. I did not at all find Daniel (Matthew's father) to be so. His troubled past was contrived and his love of flying and secret government job were beyond forced. If I were Kendra, I would have told him to get lost (which in her defense, she attempts to do). In the end, I hope the next two books in the series are better...
No comments:
Post a Comment