October 8, 2011

Easy and Delish Streusel Coffee Cake

Mr. LOVES cinnamon. Back in the day, Entenmann's had this cinnamon danish that was utterly divine. Mr. and I would buy one and it would be gone in about 3 hours. Yum. Alas, Entenmann's has since discontinued said danish and we have been in mourning for a few years over this. I told Mr. recently that I would try to make him a danish to try to replace it. A google search turned up this.

Last Saturday, I made that coffee cake with a few modifications.  Reading the comments, I decided to double the streusel.  Then, I put a layer of cake mix, a layer of streusel, a layer of cake mix, a layer of streusel.  This resulted in cinnamon goodness in the center of the cake (see pic).  Yum!  I also sprinkled cinnamon over the top of the cake for more flair.

(If I were to make this again, I would make a cinnamon and sugar mixture to sprinkle over the top instead because the big pieces of cinnamon were crunchy and mixed with sugar they be more seamless.)

Mr. and I both thought the cake was fab and I would definitely make it again.  The only downside is that it has 10 servings and there are two of us.  We were caked out by the end of breakfast.

PS Yes, that is a Santa Claus plate in the pic.

No comments: