I love pumpkin this time of year (minus pumpkin pie which has a vile texture that I cannot get over) so I was looking out for new and exciting pumpkin recipes to try when I came across this. (Heavenly light and angels start singing) I made this little number last weekend because Mr.'s bro and his wife (Coach and Feisty) plus their bambina were visiting. They (Coach) always love a good sweet so I knew they would be an easy sell.
I did make some changed to the original recipe:
First, I don't own pumpkin pie spice so I improvised based on this recipe enhancing it a bit for a spicier cake. I used instead:
3 teaspoons of cinnamon
3/4 tsp of ginger
3/4 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 tsp of cloves
Plus a couple extra shimmy shakes of each for good luck.
Secondly, I cut out the nuts. My personal opinion is that the surest way to a ruin a dessert is to put nuts in it. My number 1 commandment of baking is "No nuts". So they got tossed and we did not miss them a bit.
This puppy cooked for slightly longer than it said on the instructions but in the end:
Major win!
Feisty downed two big pieces! YEAH! I downed a decent amount myself.
It was yum-o!
We will be eating this again before all is said and done.
Highly recommend.

No comments:
Post a Comment