October 21, 2011

Read This!: The Flight of the Falcon

By Daphne Du Maurier

Warning: This review is lame.

I don’t really have a fun and exciting anecdote as to why I chose this book other than I like Daphne du Maurier novels and it was on sale at Borders.

The Flight of the Falcon is told from the perspective of Armino Fabbio, a 30-something tour guide, who finds his way back to his native town of Ruffano, Italy after being absent for 20 years. While there, Armino discovers secrets relating to his family that are both surprising and disturbing. Soon he is caught up in the drama relating to these secrets and fears what impact their revelation will have.

I can’t say this novel kept me up all night reading but it had its moments of suspense and mystery. I enjoyed it for the most part and can’t really complain. I have read a bunch of du Maurier’s other books and this was not my favorite but it did what it was supposed to: kept me entertained on the train and at lunch.

No comments: