Mr. and I finished season 1 last night. AHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! The saddest thing I have heard in ages is
that the DVD release for season 2 isn’t until August. Sigh…
Downton Abbey
GAH!!!! I knew what
was coming from the moment they had Sybil say she wasn’t feeling well to
Mary. I didn’t though expect it to end
LIKE THAT! AHHHH!!!!
Girls
So I have been hearing a lot about this show and Mr. got it
for me for my bday because I had expressed an interest. We watched the pilot yesterday. Here are my thoughts:
-I side with the parents here. I don’t get today’s 20 year olds who mooch
off their parents and feel entitled to everything. Grow up, get a job. Yeah, I would like to pursue all my dreams
too but there is thing called reality.
And I blame the parents for their enabling too. Why is “independence” a bad word these days? Wait and work for the things you want. You aren’t entitled to get everything you
want the second you want it.
-The unreality of how girls live in my experience. Let’s take the scene were the one girl (not
sure of her name) was shaving her legs while the other was in the tub eating a
cake. How did this come about? Hannah was bathing eating cake and other girl
was like “Hey, I need to shave my legs, I am coming in and joining you” or other girl was in the middle of shaving her legs and Hannah was
like “I think I will take a bath and eat this cake now, move over.”? In all my years of having roommates, we never
saw the need to share a bathroom when any of us were in the tub eating cakes or
shaving our legs. We always waited until
the other was finished. Side eye. And the whole British girl going to the
bathroom scene while the other girl was talking to her? Come on. I feel they go too far with this look how close and open-minded and liberated
we are. That or maybe me and my friends were a bunch of close-minded, unliberated, prudes.
-The guy Hannah was with, ew. He made me cringe.
-I think I am too old for this show but everyone says it’s
great so I am watching all of the epis before I cast a final vote. I didn't hate the pilot, just had some issues....
No comments:
Post a Comment