December 17, 2013

Read This!: No Place Like Home

By Mary Higgins Clark

I picked this up at the book fair.

When she was 10, Liza Barton accidentally killed her mother and shot her step-father in self-defense.  Nearly (but not) convicted of murder, Liza was adopted, moved away from that town, and became "Celia".  Fast forward 24 years, Celia's husband buys a house as a surprise for his wife's birthday.  As luck would have it, it is the same house where she killed her mother. Forced to confront her past, Celia tries to unravel the mystery of what really happened the night her mother died but then certain people start showing up murdered...  And things start looking not too great for Celia...

This was my favorite MHC yet.  I got really into this story, maybe because I have a thing for old houses and history.  Either way, I was hooked and I recommend for a good mystery read.

No comments: