December 4, 2013

Read This!: Secret Santa

By Fern Michaels, Marie Bostwick, Laura Levine, and Cindy Meyers

I was looking for some Christmas reads at Target and Mr. pulled this one off the shelf for me.  Because of the effort he put into his selection, I bought it.

This is a compilation of four Christmas stories. 

1. Mister Christmas A lawyer is summoned to Ireland right before Christmas and comes back with a hunky souvenir.

2. The Yellow Rose of Christmas A old bachelorette (I hate the word spinster) starts to receive messages from a secret admirer.  After all these years, has she finally found love?  Christmas is the season for miracles.

3. Nightmare of Elf Street Being a holiday elf at the mall seems bad, until Santa is murdered...

4. Room at the Inn Stranded in a cabin during a Colorado snowstorm at Christmas, trophy wife Barb learns that there is more to her than she thinks.

This set of stories was OK.  I side eyed 1 with its randomness.  The main character in 3 ruined the story as she was super annoying.  2 and 4 were worth reading though so they were worth it. 

No comments: