The 2011 premiere of the new NBC Thursday night lineup has come and gone. Mrs. and I just got around to watching Community this weekend. My plea to anyone and everyone at NBC is to please, please (seriously, please) switch the time slot of Community and Perfect Couples. Not only will this mean that the shows I have no desire to watch will be first and last in the lineup, making them easy to skip, but it will also mean I’ll be more likely to be home in time to watch Community. And I think the show needs all the viewers it can get. Do people not realize that this is the best comedy on TV right now? (Sorry 30 Rock, it’s not you, it’s me.) Only NBC would put its best show in the worst timeslot. It’s like the network is trying to fail.
A few other notes: First, the season premiere (finally) of Parks and Recreation didn’t disappoint. It’s really nice to have Community and Parks and Recreation around to pick up the slack for The Office and 30 Rock. Secondly, Perfect Couples isn’t going to be in the rotation very long if the show continues anything like the premiere. Although it does get an A+ for “Most annoying characters who no one on earth would ever actually be friends with”. Thirdly, I don’t think NBC’s six sitcom gimmick is going to work here on Thursdays. It has a Jay Leno at 10/9c vibe going. No one wants to sit through six sitcoms. And finally, one last plea - Watch Community!
No comments:
Post a Comment