January 13, 2011

The Shows

For those who watch the NBC Thursday night line-up (known to me and Mrs. as “The Shows” because they’re the only shows we watch regularly), you know that all of the shows aired their Christmas episodes back on December 9th. This seemed a bit odd because it was two weeks before Christmas, and I don’t know why they didn’t have new episodes the next week. Perhaps they wanted an extended holiday vacation. And as you probably know, the shows didn’t return last Thursday and they weren’t new tonight. That’s right, the shows won’t have new episodes until next week, January 20th. What the heck? A six week vacation? I’ve had to fill the void by watching (or re-watching as the case may be) Community Season 1 on DVD, which I received for Christmas.

But there is some good news. With the return of the shows NBC is finally bringing back Parks and Recreation, which I’m looking forward to having back in our life. And NBC made the wise decision to put Parks and Recreation on after The Office, bumping Outsourced to the last hour (where we can continue to not watch it). The only bad news is that 30 Rock has been moved to 10/9c to make room for some new show Perfect Couples, a show I don’t have high hopes for. But at least I’ll have time to do the dishes before The Office.

No comments: