I grew up in Pittsburgh. Surprisingly after having lived there for as long as I did, I escaped being a die-hard Steeler fan. This is more surprising because my entire family is (season tickets and sports rooms abound) but when you spend your Sunday afternoon reading The Secret Garden instead of watching the game, you go unscathed. I do own a Steeler jersey (Hines (sp?) Ward) and a couple Terrible Towels as well as some commemorative T-shirts and what not. These have all been purchased by my family members as I think a way of trying to get me brainwashed into the Steeler nation. That being said, if I show a remote interest in football (I only recently learned that the offense and defense were two different sets of guys. Who knew? But sports are not my thing and I am not going to act like they are.) , I will root for the home team. So go Steelers!
Mr., on the other hand, grew up in northwest Indiana on the outskirts of Chicagoland. He is a big Bears fan.
So this weekend is pretty exciting in our house.
We are hoping for a Steelers vs. Bears Super Bowl so that we can have a home team showdown. If it happens, I might dust off my Steelers jersey and Mr. will don his Bears gear. (Mr. likes when the Steelers make it to a big game because he feels that I will show a remote interest in it (not usually but he can hold on to his dreams) and let him watch the game on our big TV, not the mini one in our room where he usually does.) Then, we will put on the game and I will read my book while he tries to get me to watch. A similar atmosphere to when our alma maters, so said "rivals", go head to head.
Go Steelers! Go Bears!
No comments:
Post a Comment