As you can also notice the whitish cover is now dingy and dirty primarily from us standing on them to reach things (hey, we are both shorties and we have a step stool now per Mr's request). They are gross all around.
I was inspired by this post to recover them.
Now, the hard part of this was picking material. I like flair. Mr. does not.
After a long and painful search online and in person, we decided on this fabric as a compromise.As you will notice, it is very gray in the picture. It was not so in real life. It seemed more blue than gray. But, we kept it anyways.
Mr. had the idea of doing two of our chairs in reverse and two in the normal side. Since the back of the fabric didn't look like it was the back of a fabric, I did it. Each chair took me about 10 minutes with my trusty staple gun.
Here is the result:
I have to say, the covers look like reptile skin or something like a lizard. Mr. thinks it looks like a leopard. I did not love it right out of the gate but they are growing on me. I do love that they are unusual for dining chairs.
This is our dining area before: and after:
I know the light is off in the second picture but it is overcast and there was no way around it unless I waited until later in the week to take a pic and I know how my audience loves immediate gratification. I think though you get the picture.
This chair redo has inspired me to redo our whole dining area. I am on the hunt for curtain material now. All of our rooms in our house are very colorful so I am not sure why we went so neutral with this one. The blahness is boring.
I will keep you posted when the next stage in our dining room redo is finished.
No comments:
Post a Comment