I’m trying not to blog about The Shows every week, because frankly there are just too many. But I do have a few random comments this week:
After I begged everyone to watch Community a couple of weeks ago of course the next episode would be centered on Dungeons and Dragons. I hope that didn’t scare anyone off and everyone enjoyed the Valentine ’s Day episode and this week’s documentary style show. The last several weeks have shown how different (but still good) the show can be episode to episode. Although I might have jumped the gun on calling it the best comedy on television. It might have to settle for second best right now because . . .
What’s funny about Parks and Recreation is that when the show premiered I didn’t think it would make it past Season 1. The characters weren’t working for me and it got off to a bit of a rough start. But then the show hit its stride in Season 2 and I started to love it. Besides pushing Tom into the background and focusing more on Ron Swanson (and his pyramid of success), and making Leslie more likable and less of an idiot, the show also smartly added Chris (Rob Lowe) and Ben (Adam Scott). Ben was hilarious this week and Rob Lowe has surprised me with his comedic ability. I just wonder how much longer they’ll be on the show. Either way I now think that Parks and Recreation would be the perfect show to replace The Office, but . . .
Despite The Office limping to the finish line, I realize that this will not be the last season. And while I do think the last couple of episodes have been funny, at this point what story is left to be told (or what office romance yet to be explored)? I fear that once Michael leaves the show it will be like the last season of Scrubs (or the season that occurred after the show already had its series finale the previous season), which I’m pretending never happened. And speaking of shows I’m ready to say goodbye to . . .
I checked out of Perfect Couples last week and didn’t watch the last episode, but Mrs. said there was nothing else on and subjected herself to the show again. She has an irrational dislike for the husband from what I’ll call the “normal” couple, and she's even nicknamed him Barney Rubble. I like when she comments on how she dislikes the show even as she’s watching it. Is it wishful thinking to hope that someone at NBC wises up and cancels the show? Either way the six sitcoms in one night thing has to go. The 10/9c time slot for 30 Rock is killing me. I can’t be tied to a couch in front of a TV for 2 1/2 hours. I think the solution is to move Perfect Couples and Outsourced to a different night. Or better yet, cancel both. Otherwise, we’ll have to start watching shows On Demand or get a TiVo.
No comments:
Post a Comment