January 29, 2012

Birthday Recap

Yesterday I entered my mid-30s.  : (

Mr. and I celebrated with just us (per usual).

We started the day with Mr. letting me drink my morning giant tea without complaining that I was taking too long and not getting the day started. While I finished this off, he ran out to do errands so I didn't have to go.  Yeah!

When Mr. returned, I got to open my presents.  (Early this year!  I usually have to wait until after dinner.)

Mr. showered me with lots of gifts so either he wants something big like a baby or  I have been an A+ wife this year.  I am hoping for the second.

Mr. doesn't really go for surprise presents and I usually give enough hints so there is no need.  But, this year he got me some surprises such as this marble rolling pin because he thought it was something a baker like me might like.  He was right:




I was also pumped to learn that after YEARS of hinting Mr. got me this scarf from Restoration Hardware.  Yes!



It's cashmere.  :D

My mother-in-law (and father-in-law) who I think might be the only person to read this blog (Hi Marie!) got me these luggage tags:




LOL!  Perfect!

After rolling around in my presents for awhile, we went skating (ice not roller).  Here we are doing our trick moves respectively:





We are excellent skaters.

Sidenote:  Why we picked the spot with the worst background for these pics I don't know.  The rink is actually in a nice area.  I swear.

The rink wasn't crowded so we got right on and went to town.  It also helped that it was nice and sunny, not too cold.  The only things of note about skating was that a couple was getting their engagement pics done so they were making a scene and we did not fall.  Hooray!

Then, we went to dinner at our favorite spot and came home and had teas and cake.  Mr. went all out and ordered a cake from the bakery we patronize weekly.  (Next time I buy a house my must have is a bakery within walking distance.)





We don't have a "4" so Mr. put 4 individual candles to the right of the "3".


We finished off the night watching the Ides of March (review to come maybe) which reinforced why I don't like politics and which my hair lady had recommended during my cut and color this week.

Thanks to everyone for their birthday wishes!

No comments: