January 3, 2012

2012 Here I Come

I don't care for New Year's resolutions but in the spirit of a new year, I decided I would write down some things I am excited about for this year and some things that are on my list of 2012 to-dos.  Fortunately, the world isn't going to end until December so I should be able to get most of this done.

Excitement list:

- Our new niece/ nephew due in May.  We love babies so we are happy to add another one to the list of babies we can spoil.

- Mad Men Season 5.  Finally!

- Downton Abbey Season 2  Will Matthew and Mary get together?

- The 2012 Presidential Election.  We only get political every four years so watch out!

- Vacation.  We don't know where we are going yet but most likely we will be going on one so eh, good enough pour moi.

- Anniversaries.  I love a celebration and this year is my and Mr.'s 10th anniversary of dating, 7th anniversary of living together, and 5th anniversary of getting married.  And yes, if you can do math, that means we lived in sin.  Go ahead grasp your pearls.


To-dos:

- Last year I read 37 books, this year I would like to read at least 40.  (I would have made it to 40 this year if the iPhone purchase didn't result in my precious reading hours being replaced by app'ing.)  Also,  last year I only read two books written by men and the majority were set in England.  I am going to try to branch out this year a bit.  I want to do a reading challenge but I have been unable to find one I like.

- Get new blinds for our basement.  I have been complaining about our blinds since we moved in.  It's time.

- Install the garbage disposal and outdoor light we have sitting in our dining room collecting dust.

- I used to take classes at the art institute and stopped soon after Mr. and I got engaged in order to save money for our wedding.  (They are not cheap.  Art classes or weddings... Take your pick. )  I would like to start taking classes again.  This may have to wait until the fall because the spring semester should be starting soon and I am not sure I can get it together to register by then.

- Continue my shred and stick to lowish carb eating.  I am eating popcorn as I type so...  Hmmmm....

- Go ice-skating more than once.  We are a 10 minute walk from the rink.  No excuses.  Do you hear that Mr.???

- Actually make it to the (local) beach this year.  This has been a goal since we last went to the beach the weekend we got engaged in 2005.  We have been there for countless walks in the past few years but I want to go sit in the sand and actually be at the beach, not just passing through.

- Limit Whole Foods trips to 4 trips a week or less.

- Find out who killed Rosie Larsen.

No comments: