June 26, 2012

Read This!: Passenger to Frankfurt

By Agatha Christie

I fell back on my old friend Agatha when I needed a book to get me through until I went on vaca.  This one seemed promising and since the library is free, I went for it.

Sir Stafford Nye has an unexpected layover in Frankfurt where he has a run-in with a mysterious woman.  Soon, as a result of this, he becomes involved in a plot to stop the youth from taking-over the world.

This was far from your standard Agatha.  It was not a murder mystery so I was a bit disappointed, instead it was a conspiracy theory type book where the youth of the world is starting to take over and the government must find a way to stop them.   The plot was not super interesting, at least to me.  This takes place in the 1970s which was a different time-period for me for Agatha Christie.  I can't say I loved it.  I prefer the older time-periods and could live without all the political conspiracy going on.

Needless to say, this was not my favorite AC novel.

No comments: