I thought I would do a half way through 2012 look back at my goals.
Excitement list:
- Our new niece/ nephew due in May. We love babies so we are happy to add another one to the list of babies we can spoil. - This one was a niece. YEAH!!! Goal accomplished!
- Mad Men Season 5. Finally! -WATCHED!!! Goal accomplished!
- Downton Abbey Season 2 Will Matthew and Mary get together? I know now!
- The 2012 Presidential Election. We only get political every four years so watch out! - Waiting although Romney is too much a boy scout but that is a blog post for later.
- Vacation. We don't know where we are going yet but most likely we will be going on one so eh, good enough pour moi. -Two checks! South Carolina and Turks and Caicos. YEAH!!!
- Anniversaries. I love a celebration and this year is my and Mr.'s 10th anniversary of dating, 7th anniversary of living together, and 5th anniversary of getting married. And yes, if you can do math, that means we lived in sin. Go ahead grasp your pearls. -I am struggling to think of what we did for our anniversary. Hmmm... I got some nice earrings, Mr. got a fine looking watch. For the big five, we got gifts which we normally refrain from. Mr. tells me we had cake and now he can't remember. So, I guess, it was something special. Hmm.. He seems to think we went to our fave place for dinner.
To-dos:
- Last year I read 37 books, this year I would like to read at least 40. (I would have made it to 40 this year if the iPhone purchase didn't result in my precious reading hours being replaced by app'ing.) Also, last year I only read two books written by men and the majority were set in England. I am going to try to branch out this year a bit. I want to do a reading challenge but I have been unable to find one I like. - I am half way there. Challenge is underway.
- Get new blinds for our basement. I have been complaining about our blinds since we moved in. It's time. -Sigh... We started looking but still not done. In fact, we haven't looked at anything blind related in months.
- Install the garbage disposal and outdoor light we have sitting in our dining room collecting dust. - GD is DONE but will some issues. Light has been moved to right by the front door to keep it in our thoughts.
- I used to take classes at the art institute and stopped soon after Mr. and I got engaged in order to save money for our wedding. (They are not cheap. Art classes or weddings... Take your pick. ) I would like to start taking classes again. This may have to wait until the fall because the spring semester should be starting soon and I am not sure I can get it together to register by then. -I started to look into this and got lazy.
- Continue my shred and stick to lowish carb eating. I am eating popcorn as I type so... Hmmmm.... -KEEPING THIS UP!!!!!
- Go ice-skating more than once. We are a 10 minute walk from the rink. No excuses. Do you hear that Mr.??? -We went once. But then again, it was so warm this winter, St Patrick's Day was like 90 degrees....
- Actually make it to the (local) beach this year. This has been a goal since we last went to the beach the weekend we got engaged in 2005. We have been there for countless walks in the past few years but I want to go sit in the sand and actually be at the beach, not just passing through. -Not done yet.
- Limit Whole Foods trips to 4 trips a week or less. -Plead the 5th
- Find out who killed Rosie Larsen. -DONE but sigh... The second season was painful.
No comments:
Post a Comment