July 6, 2012

Nexcare Band-aids, the Waterproof Kind

Two nights before we left for Turks and Caicos, I was walking up the stairs carrying a glass, trying not to smudge my nail polish on my toes when I tripped. The glass went flying and smashed! A nice hunk of which was stuck into my hand. Sigh... As I waited for it to start bleeding once the glass was extracted, Mr. pushed me out of the way and began clean up.  Then the blood started and wouldn't stop, it was like Old Faithful, stitches were considered but eventually I clogged up and went to bed.

This however did not bode well for a beach vaca.

Can you imagine jumping into a salt water ocean with a giant gash in your hand?  AHHHHH!!!!!!

We had had some of the Nexcare Band-aids which are waterproof and I threw them into the suitcase.  I had bought them because of the commercial with the kid on a surf board and because we had a coupon.

It was a fortuitous purchase.

I slapped one on my hand and spent a day frolicking in the ocean, hands in the sand, swimming in the pool, back at the beach, etc. etc. etc.  That thing did not budge until I took it off at night.  It was amazing.  I was so happy we had bought them.  No water was getting in there at all.

FIVE STARS!!!


No comments: