I read Sisterhood Everlasting on vacation. It is the final book, I am assuming final, in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. I loved the Pants books so this has been on my read list for awhile.
SE picks up as the girls are approaching 30. Tibby lives in Australia, Lena teaches art, Carmen is a successful actress, and Bridget is Bridget but in California. The girls have lost a bit of touch over recent years and there is a reunion planned in Santorini. This reunion changes their lives forever.
I love when series pick up in later years and provide more detail on characters I like. However, this book was surprisingly sad. I was hoping or expecting something more upbeat. Each character has lost their way a bit and throughout the novel finds their way again with the help of their friends. While I wasn't keen on all of the story lines because what the heck?, I do recommend if you have read the other books.
No comments:
Post a Comment